Use Amazon Cash to add $20 to your Amazon Balance and Amazon will give you $10 for free. Let’s break this deal down as simply as possible:
- Go here.
- Get a barcode attached to your Amazon Balance texted to your phone or in a printable form.
- Take it to a participating merchant like CVS or GameStop.
- Give the cashier at that merchant $20 to put on your scanned barcode.
- The extra $10 Amazon credit should be applied at checkout.
- When you return home you should find your converted $20 and an extra $10 in your Amazon Balance for shopping online.
There’s no fee for using the system, so you’re not actually losing any money.
I’m not entirely sure why someone would ever want to use this program on a regular basis. It seems like Amazon’s way to get people to finally go outside for once. But it doesn’t really matter. The key here is if you already shop on Amazon pretty regularly, all you’re doing is converting $20 in your pocket to a $30 Amazon Balance with $10 being free from Amazon.
If you want to fully understand the program, check out Android Central‘s article on it.