In many states, using your cell phone while driving is illegal, not to mention dangerous. If you are driving an older car, or one that just doesn’t have Bluetooth so you can go hands-free with ease, don’t worry. You don’t have to spend a ton to change out the head unit in your current car, and instead, you can grab this AmazonBasics Bluetooth car kit for just $11.87. The way it works is pretty simple. You plug the power cable into your cigarette lighter socket, and then the 3.5mm audio cable into the aux input, and you’ve got Bluetooth.
- Uses car’s speaker system; plugs into cigarette lighter socket and 3.5mm audio jack plugs into the AUX IN port of your car (car stereo aux-in port required for use)
- Add Bluetooth functionality to your car: take phone calls and stream music.Use the USB port to charge other devices at the same time
- Built-in microphone: you can listen to phone calls through your car’s stereo and speak through your receiver’s microphone
- Bluetooth 4.0 technology enabled
- Magnetic mounting disk: the disk adheres to any part of your vehicle and allows you to magnetically attach the controller and remove it when needed audio jack (auxiliary port)
Seriously, it’s that easy. At this price, there is no reason to continue putting yourself and the others around you at risk while using your phone and driving.