Update: This hard drive is now out of stock.
It’s crazy to think that just a few years ago we were paying big bucks to have a 100GB drive to backup your data on, and now we can put terabytes of data in our pockets. With how affordable these have become, there are very few good reasons as to why you wouldn’t purchase one now. Newegg, through its official eBay store, is currently offering the Seagate Backup Plus 4TB USB 3.0 portable drive for just $99.99. This drops it $10 below what Amazon is selling it for, and makes it the best price you’ll find on it right now.
- Create easy customized backup plans with included Seagate Dashboard software
- Quick file transfer with USB 3.0 connectivity
- USB powered – no power supply necessary.
- Compatible with PlayStation 4 (Requires PS4 System Software Update 4.50 or higher)
- Works interchangeably on PC and Mac computers—without needing to reformat
Stop putting this purchase off and pick one up today. Odds are you’ll be more upset that you lost everything if something happens to your computer than the fact that you spent $100 to keep it all safe. In addition to backing up to a local drive, you should also consider cloud storage options. Carbonite is offering 50% off its annual rate right now, so be sure to give that a shot as well.