The best way to save on content from Apple's digital stores is to buy discounted iTunes gift cards, and Black Friday) has a ton of offers headed our way. Any money saved when buying gift cards is essentially free iTunes credit to put towards apps, movies, music, books and more. This is a great way to save on pricey Mac apps like Logic Pro X or in-app purchases for your favorite iOS games like Pokemon Go and Super Mario Run. Something that often goes overlooked is that gift cards can also be used to pay for subscription services with iTunes billing like Netflix, Apple Music, Spotify and HBO Now.
What kind of iTunes Cards are there?
The most common iTunes gift card denominations available are $100, $50, $25 and $15 but some retailers also sell multi-packs. Generally speaking, the gift cards sell at face value, but every now and then some retailers offer discounts, which typically fall between 10-15%. You can double up on savings if you use your discounted iTunes gift cards to buy digital content when it's on sale.
Do I need to be worried about buying a discounted card?
The big key with these deals is that you're purchasing from a trusted retailer. There are all sorts of funky scams and sketchy sites peddling gift cards so you have to do your homework before hitting that buy button. Rest assured, all of the deals we share have been fully vetted and are from legitimate retailers. We share the best iTunes gift card deals on this page, through our social media channels (Twitter/Facebook), including @iTunesCardDeals.
Deals from Retailers
We're seeing an increase in iTunes deals lately thanks to Black Friday! Retailers offer a variety of iTunes Card deals from time to time, and each of them does things a little bit different. From offering a straight discount on your purchase to offering a second card at a discount, there are a few ways to save on your next purchase. For the latest iTunes offers, keep an eye on our Recent Deals section.
Recurring Deals from Retailers
Even if there are no current deals going on right now you can still score some great discounts with these retailers, most are paid memberships.
- Walmart: Happy holidays! Save 10% on the $40 multi-pack of iTunes cards and grab it for just $36 through the end of the year. This offer is available in-store only.
- Target REDcard: Save an additional 5% on any iTunes gift card if purchased using your REDcard.
- Sam's Club: Save just over $5 on the cards it carries.
- Costco Wholesale: Save ~6% on all cards everyday, along with extra discounts at times.
- BJ's Wholesale: Save 2% on single cards & 4-packs.
- RetailMeNot: The amount you can save on iTunes cards here varies every so often. We've seen them discounted anywhere from 4% to 11%.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.