Update: This offer has expired.
The Mr. Coffee Café Barista Espresso system is down to $104.99 on Amazon. The next best prices anywhere are $130 at Walmart and $133 at Target. This is a match for its lowest price ever, which it only dropped to briefly during 2016's Black Friday holiday.
This system exists to help you make coffeehouse-style beverages from the comfort of your own kitchen. Its purpose is in automating a lot of the process. All you need to know is the recipe, which isn't hard because it comes with a guide for 20 different popular drinks. Other features include:
- One Touch Control Panel for single or double shot options of espresso, cappuccino or latte
- Automatic Milk Frother is absolutely effortless for frothing up milk in creamy cappuccinos and lattes
- Removable Milk Reservoir fills, cleans and stores easily
- Adjustable Cup Tray can be set at just the right height for dainty demitasse cups to big travel mugs
- Removable Water Reservoir fills easily at the sink and hold enough water to brew shot after shot
- The Drip Catcher is a removable, washable drip tray to collect coffee drips and keep brew space neat and clean
- Includes Single Shot Filter, Double Shot Filter, Measuring Scoop, Tamper, Coffee Recipes
This is an entry-level type system. More advanced systems can cost hundreds more. But the problem with an entry-level system, like CNET mentions in this 2015 review, is that the finer points of espresso making lose consistency. It still does a great job of automating the majority of the process for you, which is exactly what you want from this thing.
The Mr. Coffee Café Barista has 4.1 stars based on more than 1,500 user reviews.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.