Update: This sale has ended.
The Seagate Firecuda 1TB internal solid-state-hybrid drive is down to $55.99 on Amazon and Newegg. This drive normally sells at $65, and this low price is only $2 above the lowest it has ever been on Amazon.
The Firecuda is not a solid state drive, but it's also not a hard drive. It's a hybrid drive, which is somewhere in between. It has the storage of a hard drive but it uses NAND memory and a cache system to allow for performance closer to an SSD. The process is mostly automatic with the Firecuda (some SSHDs let you manually choose what to do with it). Even though the hard drive is 5400 rpm, you'll actually see a performance increase if you're switching from a 7200rpm full hard drive.
This sort of drive is perfect if you have very limited storage options, like a laptop that only has one drive bay and is still using an ancient hard drive.
- Fastest 2.5-Inch PC compute and gaming Hard Drive on the market, all within a thin 7mm z-height
- Enormous 500GB, 1TB and 2TB options. The 2TB capacity can store up to 80x 25GB games
- Flash-accelerated technology delivers up to 5x faster load times for nonstop performance, play and productivity compared to standard HDDs
- Adaptive Memory technology efficiently identifies frequently accessed data to allow for quicker operations
- Multi-tier caching technology (mtc) boosts performance, helping applications and files load faster
The Firecuda comes with a 5-year warranty and has 4.2 stars based on more than 1,000 user reviews.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.