Update: This deal has expired.
The Amazon Tap is a great option for anyone looking to take Alexa on the go in a portable speaker, and right now you can score a sweet deal on a certified refurbished version. Amazon is currently selling it for $64.99. Yesterday, Woot (an Amazon affiliate site) was selling them for $60 ($55 + $5 shipping), so this deal is a little less spectacular than that. It's still about $30 off the normal refurb price and half-off the new price.
The speaker comes with a 1-year warranty from Amazon, so you shouldn't have any worries about buying it refurbished. It offers 9 hours of usage per charge, and when connected to Wi-Fi or a mobile hotspot you can use Alexa to complete tons of tasks using just your voice.
- Just tap and ask for music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn. Enable hands-free mode to control music and more from a distance.
- Uses the Alexa Voice Service when connected to Wi-Fi or a mobile hotspot to play music, read the news, provide weather reports, and even order a pizza
- Provides up to 9 hours of continuous playback (up to 8 hours when in hands-free mode), Charging Cradle included
- Streams all your music via Bluetooth from your phone or tablet
- Delivers crisp sound powered by Dolby, with dual stereo speakers that provide 360º omni-directional audio
- Always getting smarter and adding new features and skills
There is a limit of 3 speakers per person, and these will probably sell out rather fast. There are some other great deals on other Echo devices right now as well.
- What makes this deal worth considering? - This is the second lowest price we've seen on a refurbished Amazon Tap.
- Things to know before you buy! - If you don't need the portability, or the extra volume the speaker can produce, an Echo Dot may be a better buy for you.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.